Tuesday 3 June 2014

'I Spy' Travel Game from Stiched by Crystal.



I started and finished making this way before Roo is ready for it but I thought I might squirrel it away for his first birthday or when it becomes harder to keep him entertained in public!  This is a great idea from Stitched by Crystal (loads of great ideas over at her site!)  which I adapted a little. I love the way it rolls up and is so easily thrown in a bag on your way out.






I didn't have much new fabric that I thought would appeal to Roo, so I used a mixture of some children's fabrics and scraps from other projects.  I did less rectangles and added numbers and shapes using felt and embroidery thread. 



I really enjoyed choosing what I would put on each rectangle and sewing the shapes.  There are so many games you could play with this mat when out and about or in the car.  Thanks Crystal!







No comments:

Post a Comment